Sunday, February 22, 2009

running again

After several months of physical therapy I was cleared to start running again, which is a blessing. I feel very fortunate that everything appears to have gone well to where the pain in my hip and lower back is gone and I can again focus on training. However I am now starting behind the 8-ball so to speak as I have no base to start with as the only running I have been doing was a mile or two on the treadmill at the therapists office so my aerobic and anaerobic systems are still in hibernation mode. To make it worse I am starting off on week 4 of my training program which is about 25-32 miles a week. Straight into the fire. I think that everything will be alright as long as I dont push too hard and continue to do the exercises, stretches, and ice mt hip after longer runs. I purchased a book on yoga for runners that I think will be great when I really get into it.
I got another pair of Asics Gel Kinetics on E-Bay for $51. What a steal for a shoe that retails in store today for $160. They fit my feet perfectly as if they were custom made for me. The hard part is that I like them so much I don't want to train in them as I want them to last.
Diet is going to be a big issue for me as well. I have pretty much been eating whatever I wanted for the past few weeks and my weight reflects it. I went from 222 pounds up to 229.7 as of yesterday morning. I hope to be down to 215-217 for San Diego. I think ideally I would be around 210 for a marathon, but that wont happen any time real soon.
Anyway, today I am off to give a presentation at a church for work about Family to Family then go to my nephew Andersons birthday party. Somewhere in there I will get my weekly long run in.
I cant believe the it will be 88 degrees Tuesday (according to the weather channel). It is February people!

Havr a great week and keep watching Burn Notice!



----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Tool - Part Of Me(Demo)
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: