Sunday, June 14, 2009

back in the saddle...for now.



I had my first run since the marathon today. It was a decent run, about 4 miles that I probably went out a little fast on, but once the initial kinks got worked out I felt pretty good. I quickly came to realize that the heat sucks when running. After being in Carlsbad and San Diego where the weather is absolutely awesome, coming back home where it is 85 degrees at 8 AM was a real slap in the face. But it is reality and I must deal with it. After all, it can only make me a disciplined runner...right?

I keep waiting for the new Mountainside Fitness Peoria to open up, it has been delayed a few times, now it is supposed to open on the 27th. I think that adding in some free weights, spin classes, and core work classes will help to take my running up a notch.

With all of the happiness, I will be out of action running wise for about a week (if all goes well) as I am having a "minor" surgical procedure on Friday. I am not supposed to pick up anything over 10 pounds for 3 days and no running for at least a week. I will try to be back at it in 3-5 days.

It will be good to run a program at full intensity and as it is written. I dont think that I will be running afraid to get re-injured anymore as I am feeling pretty good and survived my comeback race.

I was going to add some links to recent races in Flagstaff, but dont have th etime today.

Anyway...later!



----------------
Now playing on iTunes: The Offspring - Hammerhead
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: