Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting Better

Now that I have been able to put together a few good long runs, get my volume up slightly, and most importantly did 3 miles of quarter mile repeats last night, I am finally starting to feel good about my running again. I feel as if I am becoming a runner again, almost to where I was a year ago and those repeats had a lot to do with it. I probably didn’t run them at the fastest pace I could have, but I did run them hard and was tired after. It was a good accomplishment for me at this point in my training.

Now with a weekend of 8 miles on Saturday and 15 miles on Sunday, check back then to see how much a “real runner” I feel like then. Mix in my son’s t-ball game, church, and a nephew’s birthday party I have a feeling this weekend will be tiring. At least the furlough days have some benefit as I have Monday off.

My last chiropractor appointment was today and I am glad to be done with all of my therapy. I like seeing and talking to Dr Seifkin, but I need to focus on the positive. I am sure that just like when I was discharged from physical therapy I will have some psycho-somatic pains for the first few days, but that will be good.


I received an email from Elite racing with a $15 off registration for the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon. It also said that this is the last year for this course and the last time the race will ever end at the Marine Corps Recruiting Depot. I hope that the Competitor Group who bought Elite does not try to turn every race they do into a huge carnival where there is more focus on the peripheral events than the race itself. For years the San Diego RNR prided itself on having 20,000+ runners who all did the full, no half marathon available. Now there is a 4 person marathon relay and rumors of adding a half marathon next year. Why cant something that isn’t broken be left alone?



----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Puscifer - Children of Dub 1
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: